As an individual your most important asset is your ability to earn an income. Many people think that disability will not happen to them but what we know from LIMRA, is that 1 in 3 adults face a disability for 90 days or more. The reason why most clients think it will never happen to them is because of their definition of disability. They think of complete and total immobilization in a wheelchair, however that is not always the case. So here are some tips to look at Disability Opportunities and drive protection needs for clients:
- Don’t call it disability – Call it the ability to protect your most important asset, their ability to earn an income.
- Buy it on yourself first
- Develop a story about why and how it helps. If you don’t have one, find someone that does and use that. The key thing her eyes developing emotional attachments and connections
- Give choices. Too often, disability is presented as one option, present three different disability options and identify the different points for it.
- Talk and ask about it with every client.
- Individual Disability
- Disability for buy/sell agreements
- Retirement income protection
- Voluntary Group Products
- Modified Guaranteed Issue
- So much more
Rodney Mogen, is the president of solveurpuzzles, a business focused company. Solve ur puzzles helps three groups: Small Businesses, Financial Advisors/Agents, and Local Government Entities. Rodney is also a small business advisor focused on developing financial strategies for small business owners and helping them develop their own strategy and ideas to grow, sell, develop the way they want. He is focused on creating proper financial strategies for Advisors and business owners to assist them in their day to day duties by solving their financial puzzles. Rodney is also the Director of Financial Strategy for The Evans Group. Check out more information at www.solvurpuzzles.com.