What we have known about the market performance and how it should perform based on different factors has changed. So how does one make predictions? You do it again based on research and inferring different trends. So here are some predictions for 2015:
- Interest rates will rise to 1.5% - Yellen, the head of the FED, has stated they will keep rates at their lowest rates for the time being, but the economy is dangerously close to going into deflation with the growth it is seeing. She and the Fed will need to raise rates. So as not to stunt the growth, they will leave rates at their low rate in the first half of the year and then in the second half they will make at least one if not two, big rate changes, to slow the economy but not keep the watchers hanging on their every word.
- Job numbers will slow down. Everyone is expecting job numbers to keep increasing. Most of the jobs created according to the department of labor have been government jobs. This trend can’t continue and private sector jobs are still waiting for signs of a strong economy. The market is not enough of a strong sign as there are too many factors that are negative staring in their face.
- Companies will cut spending back in the first half of the year and announce restructuring and layoffs - Because of top market performance, this will be the right time to do these things as their prices won’t get hurt based on announcements and the economy will stay strong although take a dip.
- Governments across the country will remain their regions top employers.
- 1MM of the alleged or supposed illegals covered by the recent executive action will declare themselves and we will see a tightening of jobs
- Low level jobs, fast food and other service industries, due to the multiple states increasing their minimum wages will start to automate, causing a glutton of unemployed low skill workers
- The Russian Economy will collapse under current sanctions and oil price drops.
- Expect doctors to announce en masse that they will limit and eliminate all together Medicare and Medicaid patients since their subsidized funding will go away.
- Retirees from unions and multi-employer organizations will be told their pension benefits will be decreased come January 1st, hurting spendable income.
- Oil will continue to drop shutting the doors of many oil companies and slowing down parts of the US economy.
- Market will continue to increase in 2015 but will correct in the third and fourth quarter. Final year prediction is 16,567 for the Dow.
- Hillary Clinton, Jeb Bush, Rick Perry, Elizabeth Warren, Scott Walker, Rand Paul, and Dr. Ben Carson will announce their presidential runs by June 2015. Click here for a rundown of potential presidential candidates. Presidential Candidates
- Small Business starts will increase by 100% in 2015.
- Venture Capital Money will be more available and there will be investments in many different companies
Rodney Mogen, is the president of solveurpuzzles, a business focused company. Helping financial advisors and insurance agents solve their case troubles and issues. Rodney is also a small business advisor focused on developing financial strategies for small business owners and helping them develop their own strategy and ideas to grow, sell, develop the way they want. He is focused on creating proper financial strategies for Advisors and business owners to assist them in their day to day duties by solving their financial puzzles. Rodney is also the Director of Financial Strategy for The Evans Group. Check out more information at www.solvurpuzzles.com and the financial strategy work for The Evans Group at www.financialselectservices.com.